Moon Phases

CURRENT MOON

Monday, May 23, 2016

Reclaiming the Dark Goddess

Mysteries of the Dark Moon: The Healing Power of the Dark GoddessMysteries of the Dark Moon: The Healing Power of the Dark Goddess by Demetra George
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It is one of those books that I enjoyed so much more than I thought I would. The book is geared towards females and one of the thrusts is about women discovering or regaining their power, especially in the cronw phase of their life. As a male I thought it was relavent.

The dark moon corresponds to other phases of our life and the dark moon also relates to the dark goddess and her many guises. The dark moon is when things come to an end. It is the Breaking down and dissolution of old patterns before something new comes about. It is the winter of the year when everything is dormant and waiting to be revived. The dark goddess and moi. Have gotten a bad wrap. But the goddess herself was resting much like the leafless tree in winter. The goddess will be reborn.

Among the many things discussed by this book are the dark times of our life and on the solar wheel there is whT I call a grand discussion on position in the stars that deals with our evolution. There is also a chapter on how the goddess was eclipsed by the make driven religions that came after it. Chapter three talks about the many guises of the dark goddess.

I found the book most illuminating. When you read it I hope you will feel the same.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author said...

Thanks for this review. I'm going to have to read this book since I'm in my crone phase...😜

Baba-Sali

Baba-Sali
Holy Morroccan Sage engaged in Prayer

Blog Archive

About Me

One blond hair blue eyed Calfornian who totally digs the Middle East.