Moon Phases

CURRENT MOON

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Homemade Jewelry

Amulets and Talismans: Simple Techniques for Creating Meaningful JewelryAmulets and Talismans: Simple Techniques for Creating Meaningful Jewelry by Robert Dancik
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is not so much about magic as it is about arts and crafts. While there is some discussion about magic this is a do it yourself guide to making amulets and Talismans. I myself am not one for the do it yourself stuff unless it is really simple. Nor am I one to spend lots of money on tools and supplies which in the end cost as much as buying one yourself, Especially if all you want is just one.

Now a word about magic, or should I say a few. Amulets ward off negative things while Talismans draw the positive stuff your way. There is a little talk about intent and belief but after that it is all about arts and crafts. Such an approach is good for someone who wants to do this as a hobby or build a small business. Not for me.

Although I did learn a few things. I did learn about faux bone and heating it to make different shapes that you may wish to do. I also learned about working with wire and wrapping it around rocks for some jewelry. The author does make use of nuts , bolts and screws as well as glue some of the time.

I won’t give this book a bad review as it is quite good for people who like arts and craft. The book has great step by step instructions along with cool color photographs to go along with. Filled within the pages are some really professional looking items that you might be able to do. Most of it looked cool but not high end professional, I guess it depends what you are looking for.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Baba-Sali

Baba-Sali
Holy Morroccan Sage engaged in Prayer

Blog Archive

About Me

One blond hair blue eyed Calfornian who totally digs the Middle East.